Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Diana Experiment

Several months ago I acquired a cheap plastic camera called the Diana. It uses 120mm (medium format) film, and is said to give a dreamy sort of quality to images. I've been putting off using it 1, because film is expensive, and 2, because the shooter doesn't have much control over the final image. That control is pretty tough for me to let go! After my engagement session with Mike and Annie last week, they graciously let me take another half-hour to play. It was SO worth it! The images have this old-fashioned feel. I feel like they should be straight out of a yellowing album with tape stuck to the back.

Shooting an image is as simple as pushing a little silver lever down. There's no shutter "click" like I'm used to, and no scientific way to control the exposure. The only editing I did to this first roll of film was to change 3 of them into black and white. Otherwise they are straight out of the camera. But guess what - I am HOOKED!

Check out 6 of the 12 exposures from Saturday. The other 6 exposures? I'm not sure what happened to those. Oh well! That's life with Diana!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP